14 September 2007

Taking a holiday

We leave tomorrow for our south island trip.
Jeremiah, Duga, Jessica, and I in a van for 3 weeks. I'm praying we don't end up killing each other or one of us committing suicide.
We'll be back Oct. 6th and I'll try to keep this blog updated best I can.
We'll travel the west coast of the south island first and come back up the east coast.
Adventures will consist of a glacier hike, sky diving, 3rd highest bungy jump in the world, seal swimming/whale watching, etc.
I think I'll pee myself I'm so excited.

In other news..
I went to go buy a sleeping bag yesterday for the trip. In the means of looking for a place to part amileo Jeremiah was like, oh you can park there (in a parking lot across from the store) we'll only be 15 min anyway. So I did. Well 15 min is never really 15 min. Its more like 40 min. Soooo. I get back to the car and see this big orange sticker on the window and a boot on the front wheel...and its starting to rain too. Duga says, "just be like homer simpson and drive it anyways." Thanks Duga...haha I actually considered it for a moment. Ya know, just to see if it could actually be done. But we all know where that episode ends up. Turns out the parking lot was one of those pay and park and you display a ticket. Well if I actually would have seen the pay booth I would have just payed the $4 and been okay. But of course I just made the assumption that it was free. Well that was a ridiculous thought because nothing is free in New Zealand or for that matter the world. So I'm the worst at talking myself out of a situation like this too. And the point I was wearing my short shorts didn't help either. And making the guy feel guilty didn't work. So I owned up and payed the fucking $130!! so we could drive home.


No comment.

No comments: